⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Modifying the ADD url

Kobus

Kobus
  • profile picture

Posted 21 May 2013 - 14:34 PM

Hi,

I have a need to modify the "add X" URL that appears on the listing of page X.

If you go to the URL "localhost/content/manage_content/add" directly, it opens in a full window (page reload), which is correct, but when I click on the ADD function within the list page, I want to open the add screen in a dialog. So, I want to change the URL to something like "localhost/content/manage_content/add/silent" or something like that so that I can define in my code that if the parameter is "silent", it loads the template "silent" instead of the default full-page template. Reason being, having the entire page navigation and logo and everything inside a dialog box ontop of a full screen view is sort-of overkill.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Kobus

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 21 May 2013 - 17:57 PM

Hi [member=kobus]. In case you don't know the new version (currently in development) has the feature to load the add/edit on a dialogbox(fancybox to be exact).

Other than that, you can use within your controller the getState() and from there define your customised behaviour.

Kobus

Kobus
  • profile picture

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

Hi David,

I tried the new version from GitHub and it still has too many bugs - I reported them on GitHub.

I have therefore decided to implement Fancybox myself within my actions.

I actually did not like the way it looked when it opened in a new window - I do not like the jQuery UI dialog it opened, and when it opened, I got lots of issues with what seemed to be conflicts. I have thus decided to implement Fancybox in my custom actions only, and this is working very well for me.

First screenshot shows the "reorder" action button. When clicking, screenshot 2 shows, and I am happy with that :-)

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Kobus