⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Grocery Crud in laravel

Fasil iocod.com

Fasil iocod.com
  • profile picture

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

I have seen more people want Grocery CRUD in Laravel4.

Note: the attachment shows people want it in Laravel4. :)

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:10 AM

Hello [member=fasil k k cholakkara].

We all expect to be notified by the library's core programmer the news.

I know it is scheduled but nobody knows when it will be available.

Kaabi

Kaabi
  • profile picture

Posted 11 October 2013 - 15:49 PM

I wish if johnny have a time to port gorcerycrud for laravel. is really needed and other crud for laravel are not rich as grocerycrud or maybe I'm not comfy  enought with the others. as i got used to this

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Well Kaabi - i will like to comment on this point of yours - i totally agree with you that other cruds are not rich enough - not just in laravel - but i have not seen a rich crud engine across any framework - not zend / CI / Cake - nowhere. Even Ruby will be missing a great tool like this. I truely love this and appriciate it to the best of extent :)

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Hello guys,

I really appreciate your thoughts. I am actually developing grocery CRUD 2 all that time and my full time job is taking all my time. My main plan was a framework-free grocery CRUD. But this is taking really a long time (I am at a 20%). So as I've realized lot of people are moving to Laravel. So from "Good to have", I think now it is "Required" to have grocery CRUD in Laravel as well. From the next week I will probably start developing version 1.0 in Laravel. I am not promising anything guys as I really don't have much time. I will do my best.

Thanks for all the help and effort to move grocery CRUD to the next level.

Cheers

Johnny

franzr

franzr
  • profile picture

Posted 12 October 2013 - 14:10 PM

Just made an account to say thank you

grocerycrud is the only thing that keeps me in CI

Robert

Robert
  • profile picture

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Will CI no longer be supported ? Thinks can change and CI can still have a future ....

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hello Robert,

Nothing will change in CI. I will still support it and I will update it. Have you seen the trends for CI? It is always increasing and it is the most used framework right now http://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=codeigniter#q=laravel,%20codeigniter,%20cakePHP,%20symfony,%20Yii%20framework&cmpt=q .It would be silly to kick off CI.  I will just extend the functionality to Laravel as well.

Cheers

Johhnny

Robert

Robert
  • profile picture

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:44 AM

Thanks for the input Johhnny. 

edramirez

edramirez
  • profile picture

Posted 03 November 2013 - 16:16 PM

If grocerycrud would be incorporated into Laravel, may I make a suggestion? As it is, we only need to copy the grocerycrud files into the correct codeigniter folders. That's why both grocerycrud and codeigniter can work together in a single-user or LAN-based system without the need for internet access whatsoever.

The problem with Laravel, Symfony, and some other PHP frameworks is that they need Composer to work. Personally this drives me bananas because most of my applications are accounting-based and operate in a non-internet setting. My applications are data intensive with a lot of complex data relationships.

My wish is that grocerycrud will eliminate the need for composer and allow easy and complete installation in a non-internet environment. That being said, GC will create a setup of Laravel without other third-party softwares like doctrine and simplify the installation process.

Ed

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 19:53 PM

Hello [member='edramirez'] ,

I actually started building image CRUD first (that it is easier) in laravel. So far I am not using any third-party composer plugin, I am just using ImageCrud as a library for now. As for the database queries I am not using doctrine but the query builder that it comes default without any configuration in laravel. I am trying hard to do it as groceryCRUD in Codeigniter. Just plug and play :) . So I am not using any third-party software for now.

I am not promising that I will not use a third-party software at the future. But so far I haven't :)

Cheers

Johnny

edramirez

edramirez
  • profile picture

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:58 AM

great!!! we look forward to the next version of your masterpiece!

Fasil iocod.com

Fasil iocod.com
  • profile picture

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:41 AM

Johnny, Thumbs-up. Much more improvement in Google search result.

BYcfeBJCcAAHHkw.png

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Hello [member='edramirez'] ,

I actually started building image CRUD first (that it is easier) in laravel. So far I am not using any third-party composer plugin, I am just using ImageCrud as a library for now. As for the database queries I am not using doctrine but the query builder that it comes default without any configuration in laravel. I am trying hard to do it as groceryCRUD in Codeigniter. Just plug and play :) . So I am not using any third-party software for now.

I am not promising that I will not use a third-party software at the future. But so far I haven't :)

Cheers

Johnny

great!!! we look forward to the next version of your masterpiece!

Well, I believe that the Laravel version of GC at somepoint will need the composer plugin because otherwise some things will become really complicated to develop. e.g. the sole purpose of the composer is to ensure that all of the dependencies are in place.

How could you avoid this? Unless GC comes with a pre-installed Laravel version...

edramirez

edramirez
  • profile picture

Posted 10 November 2013 - 13:30 PM

just as grocerycrud has changed the playing field of codeigniter, it is inevitable that grocerycrud will definitely change the way laravel developers use laravel.

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 17:57 PM

Hello [member='edramirez'],

I am sorry but I kind of agree with [member='davidoster']. So far I did the imageCRUD as a library just because it was easier for me to do it really. Laravel is based on composer and you should get used to it really as all the frameworks are moving to composer. If as you said your local machine doesn't have internet it doesn't really matter as you can have the vendors code at your repository and then upload the changes to your server (and this is the correct thing to do). I had a discussion with a very good sysadmin at my current company and he told me that it is not recommended AT ALL to have code pulling straight away from the server. And believe me he is right. What I am trying to say is:

Let's say you have your project that it has the:

app
vendor
composer.json

Once you update your composer then first of all you need to test things in your local and then publish it to live. So you can actually commit all the changes at your vendor if you want to make sure that your code will always work. This is just one suggestion.

Composer is here to stay and I love the dependency injections that the composer has. Even if I don't have any dependency for now, I think I will need to have a dependency at least for the laravel version. For example: if gCRUD is working only on laravel 4.1 and not to 4.2 then the composer will STOP you if it doesn't support it. If the composer doesn't stop you, you can really get into troubles as maybe someone on your live system will realize that there is a problem somewhere.

Again guys, I am still under progress, so I don't really know what I will do at the future with the composer. I just wanted to say my opinion that I don't really believe that the composer is actually a problem :)

Cheers

Johnny

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 13:50 PM

Hello Guys,

Just wanted to inform you that the code of ImageCRUD for laravel is ready.  It is a composer package just to make your life a bit easier :)

To let you know, it needs documentation so I will not suggest to use it straight away. It will need lot of my time to write some proper documentation of how to install it in laravel and how to use it. So if people want things to go faster I will really appreciate a donation. Just a price of a Chimay beer it will be more than enough really. I am really giving all my effort and time for this and people know that. I am still releasing my code for free and I hope people appreciate that.

So remaining tasks from me:

- First version of imageCRUD for laravel (now it is still dev-master)
- Writing documentation

Remaining tasks from the community:

- Any Donation :)

- A feedback after the normal release and the documentation

If you want to experiment, you can check: https://packagist.org/packages/grocerycrud/imagecrud-laravel

or just add this to your composer.json:

//composer.json
{
    "minimum-stability": "stable",
    "require": {
        "grocerycrud/imagecrud-laravel": "0.6.*"
    }
}

Cheers

Johnny

Fasil iocod.com

Fasil iocod.com
  • profile picture

Posted 01 December 2013 - 21:13 PM

Great work Johnny. it will help programmers to save 100s of hours in their life. you must get good Donations.

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 20:02 PM

Hello guys, whoever wants image CRUD for Laravel, there is a "hidden" documentation of how to install it at: http://www.grocerycrud.com/image-crud/image-crud-for-laravel

Of course I will update the documentation more once I will have more time to do it.

Next stop... grocery CRUD in Laravel!

Cheers

Johnny

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 22 April 2014 - 21:40 PM

awsome sir..!!! thats wonderful work ... !! time 4 upgradation :)