⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

managing huge database

Ritesh Singh

Ritesh Singh
  • profile picture

Posted 25 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

I have a table with more than 9 million records, it is taking about 14 seconds in listing...

how can i reduce this..please help...

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:46 AM

Well this is a topic exclusively based on system optimization and not the functionality of GC

There are many ways you can optimize and there can be many reasons why it is taking so much of time.. unless some expert may look into the existing system.. its going to be tough explaining a generic process... how to improve the performance..

However .. i you can go through my postings.. u may find somewhere in past 2-3 months of my contributions where i shared up a pattern for system optimization..

Happy GCing :) ... and happy forum surfing :)

Ritesh Singh

Ritesh Singh
  • profile picture

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for the reply Amit...

actual problem is related to pagination..i want pagination to work in limits instead of loading whole data, then dividing into pages.

in my case i think whole record is loading resulting into slow listing.

basically i wan't to customize pagination, i did in core php but don't know how to implement in grocery crud.

i want that on click of next page, list query should run again with change in limits..

Thanks in Advance.

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:47 AM

From what you speak .. it seems you using datatables.. and if thats the case i will recommend you using flexigrid as it is more ajax driven and limits the data to required. That may solve your problem.

Ritesh Singh

Ritesh Singh
  • profile picture

Posted 30 September 2015 - 06:29 AM

Thanks Amit, that solved my problem...

Thanks a lot......