⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Drill Down Relationship grid

ahough

ahough
  • profile picture

Posted 06 July 2016 - 06:44 AM

I have looked around the forum and can not seem to find the answer, but I am sure it has been done. 

I want to select a record from a list and have another list use a field from my selection to limit the second list... maybe a couple of times on the page.  Think of Excel pivot table drill down.

The scenario, I open a list of customers.  when I select a customer, a list of orders for that customer automatically shows up in a list below, Then if I select an order from that list, a list of items in that order shows up.  

below that updates using a where clause from my selection. 

Another example, I create a new record in a call notes table. When the form opens, I select a customer from a dropdown that comes from a relationship. when I select a certain customer from that list, a box with the customers order history opens up below the edit fields with a lost of previous orders... which I can click on to open the detail about that order.

I really like it so far.   And admit that these may be nubie questions that likely have already been answered someplace.  

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.