⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Field Type = TEXT fails on update

iradave

iradave
  • profile picture

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:09 AM

The table I am trying to work with has a field 'Notes' of type TEXT (no length set - default MySQL length should be 2^16-1 bytes). Using either Flexigrid or Datatables theme, when you do an edit the update fails: 

"Update changes" produces the result shown below - which looks like as JSON array. Clicking on the link is no good due to the double \ in the actual hyperlink.

"Update and go back to list" never completes.

If I change the field from TEXT to VARCHAR(1000), no issues. Or if select my fields and exclude the Notes field everything appears to work.

However, if I set the type to VARCHAR and then use $crud->field_type('Notes','text') to get the text box editor back for this field, the same behavior as above occurs.

Other than these work arounds, any suggestions on how to fix?

Thanks,

Ira

GroceryCrud version = 1.5.8

Currently working in MAMP development environment (on Mac OS X)

iradave

iradave
  • profile picture

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:58 AM

It turns out that the CKeditor does not like its files being linked to a directory above the web root directory (public_html in my case)... Once I copied the entire assets directory under my web root this problem went away.