rkrajnik's Content

There have been 23 items by rkrajnik (Search limited from 26-October 19)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#152440 Grocery crud 1.1.7 dropdown menu doesnt work

Posted by rkrajnik on 20 October 2020 - 08:44 PM in I have a question

#152439 Limiting the number of records displayed in the Quick Search results...

Posted by rkrajnik on 19 October 2020 - 09:13 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Is it possible to limit the number of rows returned via the Quick Search in the main grid?

Thanks!

#152438 installing GCE on CI4 - folders

Posted by rkrajnik on 19 October 2020 - 09:11 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

<Remove>

#152436 installing GCE on CI4 - folders

Posted by rkrajnik on 13 October 2020 - 09:33 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Does anyone know of an alternative to GCE?  Something based on CI4?  GC has simply been unresponsive to simple issues.

#152435 installing GCE on CI4 - folders

Posted by rkrajnik on 13 October 2020 - 09:04 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Is it possible to get a definitive guide on installing GCE on CI4?  Something that is based on making it work?  Btw - GCE has been working great on CI3...

#152434 installing GCE on CI4 - folders

Posted by rkrajnik on 13 October 2020 - 08:52 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

I've downloaded the GCE (2.8.4) to install on a CI4 environment.  CI4 is running very well, other apps on it and working.  The download GCE has a dir structure of /examples, /src, and /public.  The GCE docs say to rename the "libraries" folder with "GroceryCrudEnterprise".  Being that there is not a "libraries" folder in the GCE download, what next?

#152360 Running CGE 2.8.2 on CI4

Posted by rkrajnik on 30 July 2020 - 08:16 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Trying to run my existing CGE 2x on CI3.1* and trying to update to CI4, with GCE 2.8.2...   GCE install instructions (https://www.groceryc...4-installation/) are completely wrong - there aren't /examples, /libraries, etc. folders except within sub-folders. Do I simply "find" those deeper folders and replace them based on the GCE docs?  GCE could be great but they (Johnny) missed the key features and focused on "marketability" instead of developer first.

I'll figure this out on my own... cant rely on this community to be honest.

Thanks anyway,

#152359 How to Multi Grid Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Posted by rkrajnik on 30 July 2020 - 06:43 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

No.  Can't do it, without a bunch of script code.  Hopefully in GCE 3? GCE 2 is a great tools for easy CRUD but lacking in terms of use-level forwarding.  I think Johnny gets it and is working hard to get there.   

#152354 callbackEditField not working for MySQL bool (tinyint(1))

Posted by rkrajnik on 26 July 2020 - 09:35 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

We're using v2.8.2... still have the same problem. Any updates?

#152353 callbackEditField not working for MySQL bool (tinyint(1))

Posted by rkrajnik on 26 July 2020 - 09:28 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

clone() callbacks have the same problem

#152352 Grocery CRUD Enterprise date and datetime fields

Posted by rkrajnik on 26 July 2020 - 07:59 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

+1

#152351 Format date in column using callbackColumn

Posted by rkrajnik on 26 July 2020 - 07:55 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Johnny knows his team needs to fully fix their date/time storage and display date-related code.  It's way too confusing (most of my apps are date-sensitive, I just assumed that GCE would handle date formats normally.)  Johnny needs to listen a bit more to his customers and not an "industry" that he seems to think he needs to follow.  I expect this to get better , Johnny is a good man! 

#152350 Is this possilbe?

Posted by rkrajnik on 26 July 2020 - 07:46 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

I've not seen this issue in other frameworks, but can GCE simply show all dates (regardless of grid, add/edit/clone form or other GCE views) as a single format?  seems like this should be pretty simple, but stupid me can't find a way, help!  I understand that many apps need to be configured for multi-date situations, but that should negate the simplicity of local dates.

If so, how in GCE?  I can use "add" callbacks to format the default values, format values in the "add" callback, but the "edit", as well as "clone" callbacks simply hang and don't work as other framework experiences.

I'm sure this is a simple fix for me, can anyone help?  Simply want to use 'us_date' for this entire app, rather no "callbacks" or other "twists", can CGE do this?

Thanks.

#152332 Naming conventions and references...

Posted by rkrajnik on 10 July 2020 - 10:15 PM in I have a question

I'm new to GC (Ent) but what I find when looking for answers to the many issues I deal with in GCEnt, I get many "variations" for the app structure and module names, e.g. grud-enterprise.php, grud_enterprise.php, grocery_crud.php.... etc.  is there a guideline document that clearly (clearly, not the original developers view) that describes the true name conventions of the dir structure, file names, etc. for each "version"?  

I'm trying to fix a simple date display problem in GCEnt but so many version of different files I need to "check" and "fix"... a basic reference/naming authority for GCEnt is sorely needed.  I've enjoyed learning GCEnt but would never use it in client production simpy because the docs are so weak.

Hopefully someone can help restore my faith in this product.

Thanks, 

#152331 GCEnt Dates

Posted by rkrajnik on 10 July 2020 - 10:05 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

GCEnt Dates - why so strange?

First the GCEnt installed a "gcrud-enterprise.php" and a "gcrud_enterprise.php" ("dash" and "underscore".)  The former (dash) does not have a reference to "date" settings, the later (underscore) "gcrud_enterprise.php" has...

// There are only three choices: "uk-date" (dd/mm/yyyy), "us-date" (mm/dd/yyyy) or "sql-date" (yyyy-mm-dd)
    'date_format' => 'us-date',

referring to date settings.  I'm looking for "us-date" across my entire application, in this case. 

Which lets me set the GLOBAL (GCEnt GLOBAL) date/time display without the need for a bunch of "callbacks" to restate my preferred format?

Thanks,

#152330 Date displays inGCEnt

Posted by rkrajnik on 10 July 2020 - 09:17 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Why are displaying dates so wacked in GCEnt?  I store a DATETIME in mySQL and then GCEnt I have to write callbacks for every date filed to get to to display correctly - correctly only means ONE format (m-d-Y) in my case, yet I need callbackColumn(), callbackAddField(), callbackEditField(), callbackCloneFiled()... etc.  There has be a way in GCEnt to store a DATETIME in a db and display it based on a system setting - not a localization setting (which is ok for some fields, if it works.) 

There is only one Date/Time, who cares how its "saved" within standards, but display is consistently wihtin GCEnt!

Please? How?

#152320 Populating add form with existing record

Posted by rkrajnik on 03 July 2020 - 12:29 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

setClone() does enough of the work, issue closed.

#152313 Populating add form with existing record

Posted by rkrajnik on 27 June 2020 - 05:51 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

I've add a call to SetActionButton() to include an "add" option for that row.  I'd like populate all data/fields from grid row to the new add form, allow changes and then "Save" as normal.  My SetActionButton() is:

$crud->setActionButton('Add a Visit''fa fa-user'function ($row) {
            return 'controller#add' . $row->_id;
        }, true);

That allows the "Add a Visit" option for the row but if selected flashes a blank screen and returns to the original grid without prompting the user for data changes, etc.

Hoping this is simple and I'm just overlooking something obvious.

Thanks in advance.

#152261 Grid Layout in Add/Edit form? Take over the entire form?

Posted by rkrajnik on 25 May 2020 - 07:43 PM in I have a question

Can anyone actually answer this question? Amit seemed confused on the topic, anyone else, please?  I have the same need.

Thanks!

#151954 $savepath error

Posted by rkrajnik on 12 February 2020 - 09:28 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

<closed>

#151924 Adding a function to the GC Ent Add form

Posted by rkrajnik on 28 January 2020 - 07:07 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

I'm trying to include a value on a GCEnt "Add" page to show how many "records" exist in a table based on the information the user types.  E.g. on the "Add" form and user enters "Smith" in the "last name" field, I'd like to show how many "Smith"'s there are in a specific table... of course there are additional criteria such as "date", "address", "city", etc. that should be included in the count filter.  I know SQL syntax inside-and-out but not clear on how to add this display fields to the GCEnt "Add" form.  Any help would be great.  Thank you.

#151567 Unable to load the requested class: Grocery_CRUD

Posted by rkrajnik on 14 January 2020 - 12:06 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Continuing to get the "Unable to load the requested class: Grocery_CRUD" from the CI3/GC Ent... func from my "controller" where the error persists:

private function _getGroceryCrudEnterprise($bootstrap = true, $jquery = true) {
        $db = $this->_getDbData();
        $config = include(APPPATH . 'config\gcrud_enterprise.php');
        $groceryCrud = new grocery_CRUD($config$db);
        return $groceryCrud;

I can't find any solid, reliable way to fix this, help?!!?

#149492 Installation

Posted by rkrajnik on 20 November 2019 - 10:31 PM in Grocery CRUD Enterprise

Installation is very sensitive... Johnny is helping me though this but not a model you'd want to follow... leave Johnny alone!