⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Select based on a previous Select

plosey

plosey
  • profile picture

Posted 04 February 2012 - 19:54 PM

I was wondering if its possible to have an add / edit form with multiple select drop downs that affect each other.

Ive attached a screen shot.

I want to choose a track and then have the layout select box populated as the track select is selected.

So say i choose track Atlanta then the Layout select only shows layouts at the Atlanta Track.

I have also attached screenshots of my database structures.

Thanks in advance and amazing crud tool btw thank you for it.

Also if you can pm me what forums you are using i would love to know :)

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 22:23 PM

No this is not possible with grocery CRUD till now. Many users wanted the same feature but till now there is not such a thing as a patch or plugin. Sorry

vnt

vnt
  • profile picture

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:54 AM

Hello Johnny,

this is a feature very important for Grocercery croud!

It is as fundamental as the upload!

How can we do to help you introduce this feature?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 19:59 PM

I will try to have a guideline of how to create such a thing custom at this weekend, but I really don't promise anything as I don't have so much time to do it.

vnt

vnt
  • profile picture

Posted 07 February 2012 - 15:00 PM

Thank you for your answer and guideline.

vnt

vnt
  • profile picture

Posted 14 February 2012 - 16:41 PM

Hello Johnny, when this feature will be available?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 22:52 PM

I don't know yet and sorry that I didn't have the guideline this weekend. This week I am a little bit busy because I am moving server as the bandwidth is getting bigger and bigger and the server don't reply to some users.
I don't know when I will plan to have this feature as I have more minor changes to do for the next version.

Kindest Regards
Johnny

vnt

vnt
  • profile picture

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hello Johnny,
how are you?
you've got to find a solution to the dependent drop down menu?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 19:22 PM

@KaBaDaBrA has been working on this one. I don't know if this link will help you : /topic/72-categories-and-subcategories/page__view__findpost__p__656 . But you have to download the latest version from trunk before you make it work, so make sure that you always get a back up of your project before updating . Still I am working on the new version 1.2 and I have really hard stuff to do , such as the new uploader and uploading images and ajax set_relation and set_relation_n_n.
Hope the post can help you.