⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

DatePicker for other calenders?

Turki Alshammari

Turki Alshammari
  • profile picture

Posted 25 May 2013 - 16:54 PM

I have a DATE field in my db table (a birth_date field) that is mapped (by grocery CRUD) and displayed to the user as a jQuery DatePicker. My requirement is to provide the picker in Hijri calender (not Gregorian). I tried the following:

• I searched into localizing the DatePicker but it seems there is no option to change the calender.
  • I tried setting the defaultDate option in jquery.datepicker.config.js to something in the range of the Hijri calender (something like 22/11/1434) but this cause the DatePicker to behave odd. And when I add a new row to the table, the birth_date return with null value!

Is there a way to do this? even a way that doesn't include the DatePicker? Like override it and display another field to submit a date?

Thanks,

UPDATE:

Following on the second approach I mentioned above, it seams that ONLY when I enter a date earlier than 1970-01-01 the birth_date return with null value, but the db recieve "1970-01-01" no matter what I entered.