⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Complete and utter newby

Ziggy

Ziggy
  • profile picture

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:40 AM

Hi all,

I have zero experience with CRUD's and installing downloaded content in my projects. I can't even get the installation to work with the newbie guide. I am the ultimate newbie.

But the features I saw on display were very impressive and would be excellent for a project I am working on. So that's why I'm coming out of the newbie closet.

I have downloaded and copied the files to my test-project folder as per the installation instructions. But I do not see the welcome screen that I should be able to see. Which is obvious since I don't know how to link to it in my index.php.

Could someone please post an example of a basic index.php which only has to link to the grocery_crud application. Once I can get this link established I think I'll manage with configuring everything.

Thanks!

Ziggy.

Assem Abdul-Mahmood

Assem Abdul-Mahmood
  • profile picture

Posted 25 July 2013 - 13:27 PM

@Ziggy , welcome to the forum.

Believe me you don't need any other examples to start working and configuring  CRUD library , I am like you completely new and I am like 60% of my project because of CRUD grocery.

what I did as following:

after installation CRUD grocery per the installation instructions in the documentation.

I configured the database connection then I went to rout page in config folder then I changed default controller from welcome to example controller . and everything works fine.

good luck with your project.

Ziggy

Ziggy
  • profile picture

Posted 25 July 2013 - 14:34 PM

Thanks Assem,

I have to apologize straight from the bat to be too impulsive in posting here.

I restarted and noticed I missread a few key pieces of information. My issue wasn't with grocery CRUD, but Code Igniter. Now I am following a tutorial step by step and it seems to be getting more clear now.

Not the best way to introduce myself.

All the best,

Ziggy

Ziggy

Ziggy
  • profile picture

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

Hello again,

this time I think I have a valid question. I got an oci8-database connection working, it recognises the table I made, but when I get to get_field_types_basic_table from grocery_crud_model.php I run into an issue on line:

foreach($this->db->query("SHOW COLUMNS FROM `{$this->table_name}`")->result() as $db_field_type)

The query function "SHOW COLUMNS FROM"  that is used to walk through the columns to get the Column specifics doesn't work in oracle.

Can anyone help me solving this issue?

Thanks!

Ziggy.

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hello [member=ziggy] and welcome to the forums.

I am afraid that current stable version of Grocery CRUD 1.3.3 does not support oracle databases. It only supports for the time being MySQL databases.

Ziggy

Ziggy
  • profile picture

Posted 26 July 2013 - 13:35 PM

Hello Ninja,

Thanks.

That is very unfortunate.

I got a part of it working by creating a view mimicing the "SHOW COLUMNS FROM" functionality, so that the $db_field_type fields would be filled in properly. But then I run into problems later on.

Well, I guess it's back to google for me to see if I can find a similar tool which does have oracle support. Shame really, because I really liked the look and methodology

of grocery CRUD. You guys did write an excellent tool.

All the best!

Ziggy.