⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Ver 1.4 Seem to break my application

bigtt76

bigtt76
  • profile picture

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

Hello Team

Great job so far. I tried upgrading to ver 1.4 by replacing the requisite files from ver 1.33 to ver 1.4 and noticed that the folders 'grocery_crud in 'Assets folder' and Grocery_CRUD.php in the libraries folder are the culprit (or so it seem). Application works great without these two upgrades. Please kindly help check.

Regards

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 28 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Culprit to what?

bigtt76

bigtt76
  • profile picture

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

What I mean is that each time I replace those files stated in the ver 1.33 with those of ver 1.4, my application cease working. May be I'm doing something wrong?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 13:14 PM

Hello [member='bigtt76'],

A common mistake is not clearing your browser cache. Maybe at the future I will consider having the Javascripts and CSS with a timestamp at the end.

So I will mostly point out the biggest mistakes that people do at updates and "brake" their application.

1. Don't just copy the assets directory. Please consider copying the Grocery_CRUD.php library, the grocery_crud.php config file AND the grocery_crud_model.php model .

2. Clear your browser cache

3. Check your firebug to see if there is any JavaScript issue. If you can't see any errors and grocery CRUD still doesn't work check this post /topic/1660-remember-to-use-the-codeigniter-manual/#entry7285 of how to actually show the error at the page.

Some changes the consider at version 1.4 ONLY

- You have to remove the file libraries/grocery_crud.php as a new file is now there with name "Grocery_CRUD.php" . This was a demand from the new Codeigniter version 3.0 

- The jquery-1.10.2.min.js is combined with "jQuery Migrate v1.2.1" , as lot of plugins are not compatible with the new jquery this was the only choice I actually had. So please consider that if you have the $crud->unset_jquery at your project to include "jquery Migrate" library as well.

Hope this helps, if not please can we have a screen-shot of your issue?

Thanks

Johnny

bigtt76

bigtt76
  • profile picture

Posted 28 July 2013 - 13:58 PM

Thanks Johnny. I did just as you suggested but all I see is a blank page. I'm on Codeigniter 2.1.3 maybe I'm still doing something wrong.

error_grocery_crud.jpg

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 15:01 PM

Please add this code to your project index.php (the codeigniter index) as the first line:

ini_set('display_errors', 'On');

or even better add:

display_errors = On

to your php.ini file.

If you see a blank page this means that there is an error in PHP and it doesn't show up.

Please try this and copy the error as a text to the forums (by the way I can't see your attached image)

Thanks

Johnny