⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Downgrading ckeditor to fckeditor

w0w

w0w
  • profile picture

Posted 19 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

Is there a way to downgrade the ckeditor to fckeditor?

Any idea? Please help.

Thanks.

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Well by default there are 3 editors provided by GC .. You can choose 'ckeditor','tinymce' or 'markitup'

Apart from this, if you want to downgrade to other editor, you need to add the editor to the texteditors folder .. and then make relevant changes.

briggers

briggers
  • profile picture

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

Why would you want to do that?

If it's because you want to use the file manager then there are several open source alternatives to ckfinder which are fairly easy to integrate. I am using kcfinder which seems to work well

onica

onica
  • profile picture

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

Why would you want to do that?

If it's because you want to use the file manager then there are several open source alternatives to ckfinder which are fairly easy to integrate. I am using kcfinder which seems to work well

Thank you for sharing this, I needed to upload file ,and ckfinder helped me to that. I have to mention , for those who integrate ckfinder to ckeditor , these are the steps:

add these 7 lines of code(the ones between //..) to config.js file located in the CKEditor's installation directory:

CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function(config) {
// ...
var url='https://yourdomain/linktokcfinder';
    config.filebrowserBrowseUrl = url+'kcfinder/browse.php?opener=ckeditor&type=files';
    config.filebrowserImageBrowseUrl = url+'kcfinder/browse.php?opener=ckeditor&type=images';
    config.filebrowserFlashBrowseUrl = url+'kcfinder/browse.php?opener=ckeditor&type=flash';
    config.filebrowserUploadUrl = url+'kcfinder/upload.php?opener=ckeditor&type=files';
    config.filebrowserImageUploadUrl = url+'kcfinder/upload.php?opener=ckeditor&type=images';
    config.filebrowserFlashUploadUrl = url+'kcfinder/upload.php?opener=ckeditor&type=flash';

// ...
};

(it's important to give the absolute path, otherwise it won't work)

and also set 'disabled' => false in the config.php from kcfinder/conf