⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Issue with read button

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 09 September 2013 - 17:52 PM

Hello Web Johny,

I have started using this wonderful read utility / functionality that you have provided. But i have faced some challenges with the same..

1 - There is no way you could have allowed a user to set his own patterned view columns.

2 - There is now callback exclusively for column in the view as there are in others.

3 - There aint feature to unset view.. all what is being used is all fields set in edit mode. Now technically speaking i may not give everything in edit but may have many other things to display in view. Plus, i may have a need of setting my own callback for formatting the output of the view.

4 - The image / picture for file upload is not set for as a link to view / click to download or stuff like that. A better option could have been a thumbnail view and click to enlarge the same using fancybox.

All such issues lead me to re-code the GC base library. I am sharing the code for the same .. that you can surely utilize it for the betterment / completeness of the library - Or anyone by the time a newer version is released, may use it.

I just did it with the intention to use it with my code.. this 1 might not be perfect one. Any improvements are surely welcomed.

Happy GCing :)

davidoster

davidoster
  • profile picture

Posted 09 September 2013 - 21:41 PM

Amit you should post this on the github!

This way John can easily integrate and test the code you submit!

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:28 AM

sure.. will do that!!

thanx for the update :)