First of all always make sure that you copy all the files included in the new version and NOT only the library and the model. The assets/grocery_crud and the applications/config/ is a required folder also.
Just make sure that you will rename all the callback_escape_something for example:
callback_escape_insert , callback_escape_update and callback_escape_deleteto
callback_insert, callback_update and callback_delete .
A simple find and replace for "callback_escape_" to "callback_" will be OK. I renamed the callback_escape as it confused many people and a simple callback is smaller and easier to understand.
Also another renaming that you have to be careful of it's the grocery_Model to grocery_CRUD_Model if you used the set_model at you project.
Now for what's new in the current version ... I think many people will say.... AT LAST. Why?
- AT LAST a better interface for the date and date-time. We get rid of old sql-date and instead we add the uk-date (dd/mm/yyyy) and us-date(mm/dd/yyyy).
- AT LAST a new uploader. It works fine with ALL the modern browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari) and now also works well with IE8 and IE9 ( I am sorry IE 9 but you are not a modern browser - http://people.mozill...m/~prouget/ie9/ ).
- AT LAST upload callbacks. Now you can hanlde your uploads with your way. This was a feature that many users asked for as there was not any solution of how to add your custom upload script to grocery CRUD. For more take a look at http://www.grocerycr...ck_after_upload and http://www.grocerycr...k_before_upload .
- AT LAST adding a where clause at the 4th argument to the simple set_relation method and an order by to the 5th argument. You can see some examples at: http://www.grocerycr...ns/set_relation
- AT LAST grocery CRUD can called "multilingual". Grocery CRUD thanks to the community it has been translated to 19 languages till now: Arabic, Bulgarian, Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Persian, Polish, pt-BR.Portuguese, pt-PT.Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Turkish, Ukranian, Vietnamese and keep going...
- Because security matters... A very improved uploader that validates all the uploaded data. Set your rules and that's it. All the validations are both client side and server side. So don't be afraid of uploading attacks.
- Because coding matters... With renaming some methods and Classes makes the code more readable. Also there are more comments at the code so to be more flexible for all the developers to change the code or add some custom code