⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Take values from other table

basque

basque
  • profile picture

Posted 28 March 2014 - 15:36 PM

First of all hi too everybody :)

Well i'm new with codeigniter and Grocery CRUD and i have a question about changing the edit form. 

I have this database: 

Person
idPerson (PK)
Name
idPlace  (FK)

Place
idPlance (PK)
place_name
idSchool  (FK)
idfloor  (FK)

floor_school
idSchool (PK) (FK)
idfloor (PK)  (FK)
order

floor
idfloor  (PK)
floor name

school
idschool  (PK)
idName

Explanation of DB: A person can have one place. A Place must be from some school and some school floor (this relation about floor and school is in the table floor_school)

Well the thing is that i want to show the list of all persons and allow the user to assign them a place or not. 

To reach that i make 

$crud = new grocery_CRUD();
$crud->set_table('person');
$crud->set_relation('idplace', 'place', '{place_name} - {idSchool}');

The thing is that it will be ideal to show the place name and instead of showing the school id show the actual school name from the table school. 

I now that this is a join from person -> place -> floor_school -> school but i think its not possible to relate those tables.

Someone can give me a hint to do this? 

Other option will be to call a different view when you click the add and edit button, is that possible? I mean when i click those buttons show the user a form created by me. I don't know if with jquery i could make the trick...