⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

field view in two column add and edit action

Sangat Shah

Sangat Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 19 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

how to field view in two column add and edit action  look likes ......

is it possible?and how

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

Hi there,

u can refer to this 1 project shared by me earlier.. u might just better extract the stuff from the same .. rather  then trying to use it as a whole.. it got in some bugs that i have not found much time to investigate and resolve.

https://github.com/blakdronzer/POWER-GCrud

from here - u can extract the following into you project

application/libraries/grocery_crud_with_groups.php

and from    POWER-GCrud / assets / grocery_crud / themes / flexigrid / views /

all the files named up .. as with groups..

u can extract the same and add to the  project..

also u can checkout in the documentation as how to make use of the same.

Rest apart -

what you desire is something u can tweek using CSS right now the CSS designed to have 1 single field fit per row.. where u can re-design to make it fit in 2 fields in 1 row.

all experimental .. u can put in a bit of effort to achieve it .. or u have to build up custom application for the same.

Hope this helps u out ...

Happy GCing :)

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:04 AM

just for a hint.. u can try changing the following in the css

.form-field-box.even {
    float: right;
    margin-top: -45px;
}
.form-field-box {
    margin: 5px 0;
    min-height: 30px;
    padding: 5px 10px 5px 15px;
    width: 50%;
}

i did this ... sample output on data tables theme (the 1 in examples of GC) and was able to achieve the result... 

You too can do the same with flexigrid i believe ... and achieve the same .. somewhat near...

i will also recommend u lookout for the field sizes and stuff.. cuz i have a 22 inch monitor and it will give me a hell of the fields on the screen. but u might need to adjust according to a standard screen size.

Happy GCing )

Sangat Shah

Sangat Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 20 September 2014 - 07:56 AM

Thanx for reply Amit Shah,

I get solution, it works good,

But still there is one issue, showing error

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Notice

Message: Undefined property: Grocery_crud_with_group::$field_mask

Filename: libraries/grocery_crud_with_group.php

Line Number: 50

I want to know that what is ::$field_mask..?

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:28 AM

aaahh..

well field mask is actually an additional functionality i provided in that modified version of GC where u can define the fields as how it needs to get masked up...

for example.. if i wanted to mask up a zip code for canada - which would be XXX XXX

with a space in between

i would use the mask functionality

$crud->mask_field('zip', '*** ***');

OR other certain functionalities

$crud->mask_field('phone', '(999) 999-9999');

This is very handy in forcing the limit he can enter the length of the content and also limit the type of the content.

well you can extract the mask functionality from the GC library.. and add it to yours.

Sangat Shah

Sangat Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Okay

Its nice

IT WORKS GREAT

YOU ARE REALLY MASTER

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 20 September 2014 - 14:03 PM

well.. i am still lerning.. and am learning more by helping you all out :)  - so its like m a student and u all the professors :D

techTD

techTD
  • profile picture

Posted 13 July 2017 - 14:56 PM

well.. i am still lerning.. and am learning more by helping you all out :)  - so its like m a student and u all the professors :D

Hi Amit

I am still not able to make it work, does it work in new version of GC? I am getting error Unable to load the requested class: Grocery_crud_with_group

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 14 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

Well its been long time i have had looked into the same.. and am planning to actually update the same. Many of you friends are asking for an update on my PowerGC. My only concern is time. Let me see if can upgrade the same and make it compatible with new version.

Keep a watch on the forum, i will update the same. I am in plan to change the architecture a bit to make it more compatible with the new upgrades / updates.

techTD

techTD
  • profile picture

Posted 14 July 2017 - 16:11 PM

Well its been long time i have had looked into the same.. and am planning to actually update the same. Many of you friends are asking for an update on my PowerGC. My only concern is time. Let me see if can upgrade the same and make it compatible with new version.

Keep a watch on the forum, i will update the same. I am in plan to change the architecture a bit to make it more compatible with the new upgrades / updates.

Thanks Amit

Actually your plugin is very useful, I have managed to fixed it for ADD however it doesn't display in groups in EDIT or VIEW mode.

I am really keen and will keep an eye for your update.

Cheers

TD

ingcvasquez

ingcvasquez
  • profile picture

Posted 21 February 2018 - 15:58 PM

Thanks Amit

Actually your plugin is very useful, I have managed to fixed it for ADD however it doesn't display in groups in EDIT or VIEW mode.

Cheers

TD

Thanks Amit

Cheers

TD