⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Can upload video files

gavin1211

gavin1211
  • profile picture

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:52 AM

Is it possibile to have a upload field to upload videos? Similar to image upload but for .flv's .avi's etc...

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

You can add the .flv and .avi at the grocery_crud_file_upload_allow_file_types at application/config/grocery_crud.php. For example:

$config['grocery_crud_file_upload_allow_file_types'] = 'flv|gif|jpeg|jpg|png|tiff|doc|docx|txt|odt|xls|xlsx|pdf|ppt|pptx|pps|ppsx|mp3|m4a|ogg|wav|mp4|m4v|mov|wmv|avi|mpg|ogv|3gp|3g2';

By default you already can upload: mov,wmv,avi,mpg,ogv,3gp,3g2 and mp4, you will just add the .flv files and :

$config['grocery_crud_file_upload_max_file_size'] = '100MB';

gavin1211

gavin1211
  • profile picture

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks, and awesome, truly great work.

aemalsayer

aemalsayer
  • profile picture

Posted 18 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

I am facing a strange problem in video upload field, when I upload it after the upload progress percentage is completed, then it disappears without any error message, and if I save it the field is saved empty, thus the file is not uploaded. I have tried .mp4 and .mpg files and the file size was under 100 MB that I have configured in grocery_crud.php.

fdias

fdias
  • profile picture

Posted 18 June 2012 - 14:08 PM

Dumb question but did you make sure the directory is writable? Is this only happening with video files?