⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Autocomplete Fields Integration

ci-expert

ci-expert
  • profile picture

Posted 08 April 2012 - 23:20 PM

Examples of [u][i][b]integrating autocomplete fields [/b][/i][/u]so that a field value for DB save / retrieve is hidden from user
and handled via jQuery / Ajax .

1 - How to enabled the visualized auto complete fields in grocery CRUD ?
2 - How to enable CRUD save the hidden autocomeplet fields e.g. country index of an autocomplete
session result ?
3 - How to bind a callback to generate the visualized Autocomplete fields retrieved from DB as index .

E.g. country index for each user record as part of let say its address. so that user will only see the textual
convery to text via autocomplete initiation service per a given index field ?

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 21:50 PM

I am sorry I don't have any example to give you for this without changing the core of grocery CRUD.

If this help you, you can see the forked project of davidedm and the pull request for version 1.1.8 at: https://github.com/d...dbd813710f7e148 . The only required thing from you is to add the url of the ajax as a 4th parameter.

This only have been tested at version 1.1.8 so I suggest to see the code first before changing anything.

ci-expert

ci-expert
  • profile picture

Posted 10 April 2012 - 16:20 PM

Thanks a lot!

I will check the davidedm project.

I must have an auto complete or at list a way to add a list of option value for certain fields!
I guess I need to use one of the callback services which is related to update / ionsert scenarios.

Can you advise if true?

Best

ci-expert

ci-expert
  • profile picture

Posted 10 April 2012 - 16:33 PM

Again, thanks. I just reviewed : https://github.com/d...dbd813710f7e148
Seems it is feasible with some carefull checkups..

Best

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 18:21 PM

davidedm don't use any callback to use this . He is just using the autocomplete by changing the main grocery_CRUD library

ci-expert

ci-expert
  • profile picture

Posted 24 April 2012 - 22:13 PM

[i][color=#008000][b]Thanks! I did manage without autocomplete for now using the callback for edot/add to apply list selection instaed.[/b][/color][/i]

ci-expert

ci-expert
  • profile picture

Posted 24 April 2012 - 22:17 PM

[color=#2f4f4f][b]Just a comment for the Grocery CRUD developers - You are doing great! I love to use it! You are powering CI to a new level in time. [/b][/color]
[color=#2f4f4f][b]Sure there's a lot to exapnd in services of the API and assure bugs curve is near zero, but as it is now its enough and great for many use cases. [/b][/color]

[color=#2f4f4f][b]Cheers! [/b][/color]

web-johnny

web-johnny
  • profile picture
  • Administrator
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 06:01 AM

Yes I know that, but I am only one working person and try to do all this stuff at my free time. But I am doing my best.

Thank you for your good words.

mascha

mascha
  • profile picture

Posted 21 September 2017 - 18:41 PM

i'm interest with this topic, what is article related to my answer on this article? (how to autocomplete data on multiple fields with grocery crud)

if i'm see on your github i just found modification in library, Controler,View and Model not any updates. so how to implement the modification library ?

where i must put url of the ajax as a 4th parameter??

regards

mascha

mascha
  • profile picture

Posted 24 September 2017 - 02:34 AM

Hi,

I'm succes to add autocomplete on 1 field (kode barang) and then triger 3 other field to filled , but i have problem when edit data field kode barang and 3 field other be empty. my question is how to when edit data 4 field not be empty?

this question and detail controller and view can you see on /topic/4036-autocomplete-field/?p=15544