⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Difrences in enterprise edition

wildfandango

wildfandango
  • profile picture

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:33 AM

Good morning,

recently we have acquired GroceryCRUD enterprise (info@a*2.es), we have found a project that used the version "Community"

We found some things that are very different in the ENTERPRISE version, we would appreciate some help in this regard:

DATE AND DATETIME:
In quicksearch how is it done to filter exactly? Is there a possibility of making ranges? any widget for date selection?

Now in enterprise edition datetime poput do not let choice hour:minute... how we can solve it?

READ/EDIT:

Is it possible to disable editing / creation in popup window and return to the previous system? Before without this popup window there was the option to print ... now how could you print from the popup window?

Thx in advance...

Is it possible to disable editing / creation in popup window and return to the previous system? Before without this window there was the option to print ... now how could you print from the popup window?

Bart

Bart
  • profile picture

Posted 14 October 2017 - 23:52 PM

In the community versions everything is based on the url.

In the Enterprise version you go to the list, data grid with a certain URL and then you stay on that url(for the list)

all the rest is implemented in javascript and is done with popups.

My experience is that the Community version is easier to change and is mostly programmed in PHP.

The Enterprise version is more object oriented and more structured but a lot of the functionality is done in javascript and

it is difficult to understand for me.

So I went back to the community version to do the adaptions I want.

Amit Shah

Amit Shah
  • profile picture

Posted 15 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

Very true Bart ....

Well to my understanding, Enterprise edition dose have a flare. ..but community edition is flexible. No doubt, one important thing to remember is .. enterprise edition is built for not just codeigniter, but enough to run on almost any framework or even without framework. The effort needs to be given credits .. he also worked out to make sure he used latest technologies for the geeks to adopt themselves to the newer flavour of technologies. And it is Johny's choice, it would be tough on him to adopt to newer technologies but he surely opted to his choice. 

Community edition was built dependant on codeigniter .. and ppl using codeigniter - can easily bend it... ammend it. But the same wont be for Enterprise Edition as it is an application / library in itself.. independant of any frameworks.