⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

It's possible to use a query return instead setTable?

garduino

garduino
  • profile picture

Posted 16 July 2018 - 13:22 PM

Hi:

I'm wondering how to use the facilities of GC (in this case only build the grid, read only, with the possibility of export to excel and print) without havig these data in a table, I mean, I get the data from some complicated querys and would like to show them to the user with the same grids with the cud options unsets. It's possible if I do not have the data in a table?

Thanks.

larasmith

larasmith
  • profile picture

Posted 16 July 2018 - 23:39 PM

Hi!

I longed for that feature a long time ago. But since It is not yet possible, the workaround I did is to make a temporary table, save the result of the complicated query there and use that table in setTable.

:)

garduino

garduino
  • profile picture

Posted 17 July 2018 - 01:33 AM

Thanks Lara!

I was thinking in the same approach, but as I could have a big number of users, I think that is a mess to name, create and erase temporary tables.

Indeed this is a "must have" feature.

Cheers.

alkaid

alkaid
  • profile picture

Posted 26 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

Hi!

I longed for that feature a long time ago. But since It is not yet possible, the workaround I did is to make a temporary table, save the result of the complicated query there and use that table in setTable.

:)

You saved the result as an actual table?

larasmith

larasmith
  • profile picture

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:48 AM

You saved the result as an actual table?

Yes.  :)