⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

Updating from 1.2.1 to 1.3 - TinyMCE not working

HumbleMonk

HumbleMonk
  • profile picture

Posted 03 September 2012 - 18:53 PM

I'm updating my application from GroceryCrud 1.2.1 to 1.3 and copied over all the relevant files and everything seems to be working fine. However, as soon as I modify GroceryCrud config to specify that I want TinyMCE as the default editor instead of ckeditor, things start to break. The TinyMCE editor will show up fine and work properly for editing but when I try to update a record, GroceryCrud will just show "Loading..." forever and will not actually update the record.

I looked at what is being POSTed and noticed that with ckeditor, a POST is made to validation and then immediately after that returns true a POST is made to update. However, with TinyMCE even though the first POST to validation returns true the update POST is never fired.

The only thing that changes between the two is the value of $config['grocery_crud_default_text_editor'] - when it is "ckeditor" everything works fine, but changing it to "tinymce" causes everything to fail.

Also, I'm not sure if this is related or not, but when changing the value of $config['grocery_crud_text_editor_type'] from "full" to "minimal" for ckeditor, there is a clear difference while nothing seems to happen for TinyMCE.

I would greatly appreciate any insight here, as I would prefer to use TinyMCE as the text editor.

saulimus

saulimus
  • profile picture

Posted 03 September 2012 - 19:09 PM

I found the fix for it, see my post:
/topic/814-jquery-180-and-tinymce-jquery-ui-chosen/#entry3201

HumbleMonk

HumbleMonk
  • profile picture

Posted 03 September 2012 - 19:50 PM

Ah thanks, I'll give that a go.