⚠ In case you've missed it, we have migrated to our new website, with a brand new forum. For more details about the migration you can read our blog post for website migration. This is an archived forum. ⚠

•     

profile picture

About escaping output in GC

Paul Savostin

Paul Savostin
  • profile picture

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:13 AM

Hi everyone!

Describing the situation :

On a site, any user can send information for saving in a database through textfields and textareas. By the rules output data should be escaped before displaying in the browser.

But Tinymce makes escaping characters before saving or editing , it means data is entered into the database, such as "Bill" becomes "Bill&quot, so if you use htmlspecialchars on output

data it makes using this function 2 times and appearing  something like this - "Bill&quot on the page.

If you don't use htmlspecailchars on output (because this function has already been used in Tinymce, it is wrong such as escaping text need not to be saved in the database), the input fields

which were filled by users but were not checked by the administrator could be dangerous for output.

The following questions:

1) Is there any way to turn off escaping by htmlspecialchars in grocery cruds Tinymce. The point is in using htmlspecialchars once in the output. For the text from Tinymce I can use HTML Purifier.

What can you advise me?

2) The reason of posting here: I'm not shure that the grocery crud output escaping at all. I understand that  admin has no sense to harm his site, but...

I need using callbacks for this stuff, don't I? Is there any sense to escape output in administration panel?

I want to know your opinion

Thank you!

Paul Savostin

Paul Savostin
  • profile picture

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Anyone? don't you think about escaping on output in GC ???

Paul Savostin

Paul Savostin
  • profile picture

Posted 23 April 2014 - 15:54 PM

so sad...

Is anybody using escaping in GC output???